Blodnick II

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Yikes...

...they really went at it in the debate this evening. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt that they both made valid points, even if I do disagree with many of them. I was disappointed in some of the side-stepping, but I suppose that is bound to happen.

But I think the thing that pisses me off the most when it comes to these debates is the spin that occurs right afterward from the political parties. The debates are one of the very very few times that you get to see these guys react (though much of it is prepared). I mean, there is a chance for them to screw up ("Global test" - which was completely taken out of context...just a brain fart.) I always feel good after watching one of the debates...until about 30 seconds later when they start talking about who won because of some stupid detail.

It comes down to this. The debates, for me anyway, are one of the biggest influences on my decision. What I try my hardest to do is not let the spin become the decision maker. So how did I handle it this time? That's right, flipped to Iron Chef after the last words were spoken. No spin there...well except for the extreme bias on Hiroyuki Sakai's angler fish stew. What a travesty!