Blodnick II

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I watched baseball

And for those of you who know me, that is not in a part of my normal evening activites.

I, like the rest of America minus New York and several fair-weather fans, would like to see the Red Sox win the World Series. I, on the other hand, probably have a different reason though.

I do not like baseball. Never have, never will. My loathing of baseball came at a young age when I was forced into playing. I remember the day I got on base very well. I lined up, got my bat at the ready, and was promptly hit by the pitching machine. Yay for free bases!

No, I want to see the Red Sox win because I hate hearing about the curse, over and over, every single year. Apparently the Red Sox traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees and have been unable to win a World Series since. Did you know? Maybe you missed it. Maybe you missed every newscast and a mandatory 10 minutes of Sportscenter devoted to it every night.

So go Red Sox go! (And let the Cubs win next year. A goat for Christ's sake!)