Blodnick II

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Gumbo Gumbo Gumbo!!!

Well I just spent the better part of my Sunday making up some homemade chicken and sausage gumbo! Wow...wow wow wow. So good. It was actually a little more difficult to make than I thought. You have to make a deep chocolate colored roue....which is tough because not too long after it just becomes burnt flour in oil.

Anyway, yummm. Saturday I drove to Boulder and got to hang out with my baby sis at the Pearl Street Mall. Very cool walking mall with all sorts gathering around (but mostly hippies...it is Boulder.) Anyway, great time. I got a free novel from some new author that hasn't been released yet, and I got a killer burrito that my sister insisted on.

But all in all I am very satisfied with the weekend. And amazingly, for a change, I think I am ready for work tomorrow. Hopefully you all had really nice ones. Me? I'm headed to bed, with dreams of gumbo in my head. Night!