Blodnick II

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

A dream realized...

Do you ever have one of those days where nothing can get you down? Where something miraculous happens to you and you can do nothing but grin? Today, I had one of those days. And if you can just hold on, it gets very nerdy.

Today, my friends, I finally beat Super Mario Sunshine. I know, I know, you are all asking yourselves why I didn't do it sooner? Why has it taken so long? Well I'll tell you the truth. For over a year and a half I did not touch the game because I got stuck on a level. But just this past Friday I turned it back on and beat it the first try. It took a few more days, but now it is done and the relief is immeasurable.

Think of it this way, when I go to a restaurant and get a $40 plate of something I finish it. I eat all of it because I don't want to blow all that money that I am going to spend anyway. Its not like I get a discount if I only eat 75% of it. Same with a game that I bought 2 years ago. I paid my $50, and after 2 long years that money has come full circle.

It brought tears to my nerdy little eyes!