Blodnick II

Sunday, May 01, 2005

To catch you up...

I got reminded by a loyal reader that I never filled everyone in on the trip to the south. Well here goes...

First off I had to ride in the car one on one with my boss...well one of many bosses. That is always very awkward because you want to talk about something, but you don't want to get too personal. Somehow I let her know that my grandparents winter in Texas and for some reason I was in Houston because of it. Hope I didn't cross the line :)

I will say this, when travelling with coworkers, get the tickets split up. You don't all need to sit together...and she did this.

We landed in Birmingham late and I ordered some food in my room. The next morning I got up and all I can say is wow! There were trees blossoming everywhere. We see a lot of purple around here, but down there it is bright white. Also the thing to note is that there are trees everywhere! I can start to understand why one might travel to Wyoming after living out east or down south their whole lives and be shocked that they can see for 50 miles.

We did the site visits which were...well boring. I did manage to talk the contractors into taking us out to eat in Mobile Alabama. They took us to a place called the "Original Oyster House" or some such thing. After my mom returned from Boston with her stories of raw oysters, I knew I had to try it. Basically they take oysters, put them on ice, then you dunk them in a sauce. ver very very good. Like really good! I also had probably the best fried fish I have ever had, well besides my grandpa's fried trout.

The next day we went to Jackson Mississippi. I slept in the car most of the way there. I'm still not sure if that is ok or not, but my eyes seemed to agree with me that it was. We went to a Louisiana type place there and had some good eats. Nothing to rave about though.

It was at this last site that a contractor completley busted me on a mistake I had made back in Denver. It applied to every place we had been to. I kinda told him I needed to make some calls and would get back to him. Ended up clearing it up, but it made the flight back to Denver rather stressful.

So anyway, that was it! It was a lot of fun and I am glad I got to go. Hopefully more trips like that will be on the way soon!!!