Blodnick II

Thursday, July 15, 2004

A tough decision.

Now to start off, I am in no way saying this is one of those life changing decisions.  One of those that keeps you up at night.  Not like "Should I move to Denver or not."
 
No, this is more like, I made plans with a friend weeks ago to get together in Denver.  No big plans with it, just time to hang out in the big city and have a good time.  My friend lives in Laramie, and I am hoping we will get to hang out quite a bit before he graduates.  Anyway he called me up Tuesday to confirm.
 
Wednesday I get a call from "my group."  The group I have been friends with since back in the day.  The group that loses contact for a year at a time, then comes back together like we went to the bars last night.  They want to go camping...but up in Casper.  Sick of driving to Casper I politely decline.  I have plans anyway.  But then they decide to move it to Laramie.  Understand 3 of these people are not going to be here at all for at least a good 9 months when the summer is out...and some it may be years before I see them again.  But how to tell somone that you would rather hangout with your other friends?  Especially when the plans have been solid for weeks.
 
You find a way to do both.  Denver Friday, camping Saturday.  And the goodtimes keep on rollin'