Blodnick II

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

20 cents

Wanna know why I am happy to be back in the Rockies?

Tonight I went to the gorcery store to buy some stuff to make my famou (well to me) Mexican Tortilla soup (sans tortillas). This stuff is the best. Shredded chicken, tomatoes, lots of cheese and avocado. Really tasty stuff, and spicy at that...thanks to my friend the jalepeno.

Well after I bought everything I looked down at my recipe and realized I had skipped the jalepeno. Off I head back into the store to get them. When I get back into the line the thought occurs to me that I am going to have to pay for these 2 jalepenos with my credit card...no cash. I get up there and the guy says 20 cents. I looked at him and hung my head in shame as I slid my card through the reader. Right then the guy standing behind me said, "Throw it on mine."

Look, it may be just be 20 cents, but it made me feel good. Thanks man!