Blodnick II

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Denver Sushi

After my burning incidents yesterday with the grill, I thought it best to try something not cooked. Welcome sushi! I grew very fond of sushi while I was in California. Once I got over the initial shock of raw fish, it truly was excellent stuff. And Wasabi is of the gods!!!

I journeyed down to my local sushi place ( I have been trying to tell you I live in a stupid ritzy area.) There, while being severely underdressed, I was seated at the bar. The lady was very nice and gave me a menu of way overpriced raw fish, but I felt I should at least give it a try. Then she gave me a dinner salad and some chopstiocks. Intersting, never done that before, but it worked. Sushi was good, but here was the interesting part.

There were 2 guys sitting next to me exchanging stories about parties and stuff. One was telling this story about how he hooked up with this concierge of a hotel he was staying at in Paris. They did the nasty and he woke up the next morning to find all his credit cards and cellphone stolen. Apparently he chased her down all day long and eventually had her arrested. I need stories like this!!! This went on forver. It was great, remind me to tellyou the full story sometime.