Blodnick II

Friday, January 21, 2005

Oh look what you've done

Wanna hear a story?

K, my friend Ken and I both moved out of California at the same time to work for the same company. We left a great firm in California and kept in touch with most people.

This November we had to setup our 401k retirement plans at the new office. Seeing as we had some from the old office we needed to have it transfered over. Well in order to do that we had to give the HR person a call in California to tell her our new business address. Ken called, and here is roughly the conversation.

Ken: "Yes, may I speak with Angela please?"
Operator: "Who?"
Ken: "Angela."
Operator: "Ummm, let me transfer you."

Accounting: "This is Aaron."
Ken: "Umm, hey Aaron, is Angela out today or something?"
Aaron: "You don't know?"
Ken: "Know what?"
Aaron: "Angela is dead."
Ken: "WHAT?!?!?!"
Aaron: "Yeah, she died in November."
Ken: "But she was perfectly healthy! She was like 35!"
Aaron: "Yup."

Now as an added part of this story, just the day before I had been talking to one of my buddies working out in California. I had asked him if everybody was still around from when I was there and he told me no one had left yet. I wrote him an e-mail asking what the hell happened after I found out and asked him why he forgot to include Angela when he was catching me up.

"Technically, I was correct by telling you that everybody is still here. If you have no body, then you are not included in the term "everybody"."


Have a good weekend!